The Art and Science of Mushroom Cultivation
This workshop was held on Saturday April 22nd, 2017
Sign up below to be contacted when we have our 2018 workshop organized.
Learn how to cultivate your own mushrooms with mycologist, Thom O’Dell, PhD. Thom’s incredible knowledge and 30 year love affair with fungi and mushrooms and his passion for cultivating them brings this workshop to life and leaves you empowered and energized to grow mushrooms all on your own.
This informative workshop is hands-on and will include:
- Discussion of soil/ spore inoculation
- Demonstration of tissue culture method using readily available items
- Application of permaculture
- How to grow Garden Giant mushrooms
- Soup and salad will be provided for lunch
- Garden Giant mushroom inoculation into alder chips
You will be given the materials to inoculate Garden Giant mushrooms at home!
Copies of The Mushroom Cultivator will be available for purchase with either cash or a cheque for $35.
Cost is $75/person for the full day workshop. For those wishing to join only for the Garden Giant inoculation after lunch the cost is $25